Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dear Miss Georgia!

Many of you who know me are acutely aware that I love all children, but I especially love my grandchildren.  I cannot tell you how much those three little ones mean to me.  I have always written letters to them, beginning even before they were born and I plan to continue as long as I am around.  However, my letter/blog writing is about to make a 33% jump.  Our son Mark and his lovely wife, Meghan are expecting their first baby, in late March.  We are all very excited and we already know that this little one will be a girl and her name will be Georgia!  As the time is approaching, I need  make sure that Miss Georgia knows how much she will be loved and how we can't wait to meet her.  I thought it might be good for Georgia to know a few things about our family.  So, the rest of this post is really for you, Georgia!

The very first people you will meet after you are born, will be your Mommy and Daddy.  You will love them for all of your life and just as important, they will love you!  Your Mommy is named Meghan and she is wonderful.  She will take care of you when you are a baby and a little girl, but she won't stop taking care of you even after you are grown up!  She will teach you so many things, like how to read and play games, how to take care of your baby dolls and how to be a little lady.  She won't be the only one who takes care of you, though.  Your Daddy will also take care of you.  I have known your Daddy his whole life.  His name is Mark and he is my little boy...only he is big now!  Your Daddy will tickle you and play games with you.  He will teach you to ride your first bicycle and he will be there to pick you up, when you fall down.  He will also put mud on your nose when he comes home from duck hunting!  I want you to always remember that your Mommy and Daddy love you more than anyone and they will always want what is best for you...even when you think they don't!  The most important thing your Mommy and Daddy will do though, is to tell you about God and His Son, Jesus.  You see, you are going to be part of a family that loves God and they will teach you about Him and how much He loves you.  He will always love you, more than you will ever be able to know!

You will also get to meet your aunt and uncle, Aunt Alicia and Uncle Tim.  Your aunt is my little girl and just like your Daddy, I have known her for her whole life.  Aunt Alicia will be coming to Texas to help your Mommy after you are born.  You will find out that like your Mommy, she loves babies and children.  She is married to your uncle, Tim.  Uncle Tim also loves babies (in fact, they both love babies so much, that they have three of their own!)  Uncle Tim will be the best "baby swaddler" you will ever have!  He is also a pretty good guy to know, because he will let you ride on his shoulders!  Along with your Aunt Alicia and Uncle Tim, you will meet three people who are so excited that you are being born, your cousins, Mark Garrett, Luke and Caroline.  You will love them and I am sure you will think they are super fun!  Mark is named after your Daddy and he is the oldest, so I am sure he will boss you a little, but he will also make sure you get a turn at whatever game you are playing.  Luke is also probably going to boss you a little, but he is a really funny little boy and he will probably even let you play with Big Monkey and Widdle Monkey!  Now you also have a cousin who is a girl, just like you!  You and Caroline will love each other and I think you will also have lots of fun with her.  I know she will let you play with her dolls and you can have tea parties and play games and have all kinds of fun together!

One of the best things that will happen when you are born is that you get to meet your Mimi!  Mark and Luke and Caroline will tell you that Mimi is the best.  First of all, she will love...no matter what!  That means that she will love just as much when you are not being nice as she does when you are behaving very well!  No matter what!  Mimi loves little girls and she has already been buying you clothes and books and toys!  But do you know what else she has been doing for you?  She has been praying that God will always watch over you and take care of you and that you will always love Him!  Mimi will take you to tea parties (real tea parties!), to the park, to the zoo and many other fun places.  She can't wait to meet you!  When you meet Mimi, remember that she loves God more than anyone else I know and she will teach you to love Him too!

Last, you will meet me, your Papaw.  You will learn very quickly, that your Papaw is a softy, especially where little girls are concerned!  I will take you to the park and to the zoo with Mimi.  I will take you to eat ice cream and snow cones...you will love them!  I will also be there just to talk and to read books to you and anything else we might think of.  I guess the best thing I can tell you is that I will be there for you...no matter what!  I can't wait to tell you the story of Christmas and Easter and how God loved you even before you were born and I want you to love Him just as much as I do.  Your love for God will be the most important relationship you ever have!

Georgia, we already love you and can hardly wait for you to arrive!  Baby girl, you are already loved more than you will ever know! 

I love you,
Papaw

No comments:

Post a Comment